Join Our High School Leadership Team
The Core Leadership Team (CLT) is a regional group of talented and passionate high school leaders, who come together to develop their own leadership skills. CLT is an all-year program that allows student leaders the opportunity to come together once a month for training, and then in the spring, they have the opportunity to put what they learned into practice to inspire middle school students to become servant leaders. CLT instills a passion for always lending a hand and expecting nothing in return.
Why Core Leadership Team?
- The CLT Program is a chance for students to just be who they are. They are with a group of like-minded individuals, who just get each other.
- CLT is an opportunity to develop their leadership ability, including but not limited to public speaking, group dynamics, and learning how to lead your peers.
- CLT is more than a group of strangers who come together. The CLT program develops friendships that make them part of a family.
- The Core Leadership Team will never feel like required service hours because serving together with their friends becomes a bigger experience.
Benefits for YOUR school?
- The student leadership of your school will not only grow, but will be a noticeable impact in your school community.
- The leadership bug will not only be affecting the students who attend CLT, but having a core group of strong leaders will only become contagious and spread to the rest of the student body.
- This will be an opportunity to highlight your student leaders to middle schools in your region.
- Not only is this a great service opportunity for your students, but the tools and skills they learn will be able to help them reach their full potential to be competitive for the next level – college applications.
Give the Gift of Leadership
Please join us in helping a student in need and give them the life-changing gift of leadership.
Your support will enable students to attend our Summer Conference and learn invaluable life lessons. Summer lasts for just a few weeks but leadership lasts a lifetime. Any donation large or small makes a life changing impact.
2016 Student Leadership Days are being prepared for you!
The Association of Catholic Student Councils is preparing our Student Leadership Day calendar for the 2015-2016 academic year. We will again partner with local high schools in Southern California and Arizona to present our day-long student leader event.
This past year TACSC partnered with schools in two states to present Student Leaderships Days to over 1800 participants from over 50 schools in 12 locations. Middle Schools students enjoyed lessons in leadership in a day of fun filled learning and games. “Student Leadership Days are a chance for students to be taught by other student leaders. Every middle school student leaves Student Leadership Day a better leader because of the preparation and participation of our amazing high school facilitators, ” said TACSC Executive Director, Heidi Johnson.
Students in 5th, 6th and 7th grade attend workshops on servant leadership, the consequences of your actions, accepting and welcoming diversity in groups, finding your strengths, conflict management and problem solving. These lessons were uniquely prepared and presented by over 120 local high school leaders from 9 of the regions top high schools. The Peer-to-peer learning model actively engages the middle school leaders and models leadership in many ways.
Feedback from participants and host schools has been very strong. The Student Leadership Day Program gives host Catholic high schools the opportunity to show off their campus and students, while TACSC can showcase their program for middle school students who experience a day of fun-filled leadership learning.
Check back soon for the 2015-2016 Student Leadership Day Schedule!
Thank you to our staff for a great year!
Thank you to our Core Leadership Team and TACSC Summer Leadership Conference Staff in Southern California. Over 150 high school staff led events this past academic school year from over 15 different Catholic high schools. Including: Loyola High School, Bishop Montgomery, St. Bernard’s, Holy Family, Serra, Notre Dame, St. John Bosco, St. PiusX/Matthias, Verbum Dei, Pomona Catholic, St. Lucy’s and Damien.
Spreading the Word
If you like what you see or if you have experienced the TACSC magic, tell someone! If you are sending your child, tell someone! There are so many ways to become a part of the TACSC family and there is always room to make new friends. Feel free to download our one-page flyers on Summer Conference to share with your friends, school or family. If TACSC changed you, tell your friends. If TACSC changed your child, tell another parent. If TACSC changed your school, imagine what we can accomplish together.
Visit our Facebook page for photos and updates from our past events… and don’t forget to Friend us!
What Our Alumni Say
“TACSC has been one of the most influential parts of my life since I was 12-years old. My closest friends are my TACSC Family. Most of my career and successes can be attributed to TACSC… and I find myself returning year after year, no matter how busy I am, to give back to other students and staff the experience TACSC gave me.”
Alumnus, Jennifer Mercado