Summer Leadership Conference
2013 Summer Leadership Conference Dates
Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA): June 26 – 30, 2013- COMPLETED
Claremont-McKenna College (Claremont, CA): July 10 – July 14, 2013 – COMPLETED
SOLD OUT! - Claremont-McKenna College (Claremont, CA): July 24 – 28, 2013 – SOLD OUT!
- Click here for video recaps from 2012 Summer Conferences
- Click here for Principal Lilliam Paetzold (Norte Dame Academy Elementary, Los Angeles) introducing two former delegates
- Click here for Fr. Greg Boyle (Homeboy Industries, Los Angeles) speaking about TACSC and kinship
- Summer Leadership Content
- Parents, Students and Staff Testimonial video – GREAT VIDEO!
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQ’s)
In summer 2012, 275 students participated in our summer leadership development program. The TACSC Summer Leadership Conference program provides the opportunity for incoming 6th, 7th and 8th grade students to find their voice as leaders, whether acting in Student Government positions or in other leadership roles in their schools or communities. The curriculum for this intensive five day conference delivers valuable life leadership lessons in:
* Personal and team development
* Meeting design and management
* Communication and presentation skills
* Team Building and collaboration techniques with peers and adults
* Project goal setting, organizing, planning and execution
* Creative problem solving and decision making
* Student Government support and resources
* Developing a closer connection to God and the importance of community service
Student delegates also learn the importance of community service by participating in the TACSC Magis Program. “Magis” is Latin for “doing more.” This program provides an opportunity for students to apply their leadership skills to conceptualize, plan, and implement a meaningful service project back in their own community.
A highlight of the Summer Conference experience is that student delegates are guided through their leadership development by a volunteer staff of high school students, college students and adult mentors. The majority of the staff is past delegates of TACSC Summer Conferences. The staff members are invaluable role models for the students and demonstrate how leadership can make a difference.
5-day/4-night residential conference (includes room & meals, t-shirt, resource binder, all supplies)
$549 per student (Member Schools)
$599 per student (Non-Member Schools)